Recipe: Raspberry and Coconut Muffins
Recipe makes 6 muffins, each at 185 calories per serve.
Snack happy with these tasty raspberry and coconut muffins – a perfect addition to your afternoon cup of tea. Making healthy choices isn’t about cutting out our favourite foods, but finding new ways to enjoy fresh, wholesome ingredients. These muffins are quick to make, and are a fantastic way to get kids involved in the kitchen by mashing bananas, stirring the mixture – and of course, licking the bowl.
If you were to swap a traditional baked muffin for one of these bad boys every day for one year, the kilojoule saving equates to a theoretical weight loss of 7kg in one year! A perfect example of how all the little changes add up to huge, long term results.
· 1 cup wholemeal self raising flour
· ¼ cup Stevia or artificial sweetener of choice
· ½ cup shredded coconut
· 1 egg, beaten
· 1 banana, mashed
· 1 cup almond milk
· ½ cup frozen raspberries
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees celcius
2. Combine dry ingredients in a mixing bowl
3. Add wet ingredients and mix to combine
4. Fold in frozen raspberries
5. Add to lined muffin tins, and bake for 20 mins or until golden brown